Thursday, October 09, 2008

You Have to Wonder

I have to wonder lately what my local politicians are thinking...and feeling.
My current congressman (I say current, because as of late I believe he will be former come November 5th) is on a liberal streak of voting. If the conservative base is against it, he votes for it.
The Farm Bill, that subsidizes farmers to NOT grow food, while food prices are on the rise, my congressman voted for it. Then, as an additional slap in the face, he voted to over-ride the President's veto.
The "energy" bill touted by Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi; you know the one...it allowed us to drill in places where there is no oil. Thus being the NON-Energy bill. Yup, my congressman from CD 3 voted for that too.
The $700 Billion bailout bill that everyone knew wouldn't help out the economy, he voted for that, too. Even after House democrats resorted to mudslinging and name calling like a bunch of children on the playground, he kept his "Yes" vote.
He has brought millions of dollars back home to Nevada - however, was it worth it? The special interest money, the earmarks that were unnecessary and unwanted...
My congressman dismisses the ideas and opinions of his constituents, and allows his campaign and office staff to do the same.
I have to wonder where his head is.
I have to wonder where his heart is.
I have come to the conclusion that Jon Porter no longer wants to serve his country, or serve the people that put him in office. He only wants to serve himself.

While I do NOT want to see Titus in office, I am beginning to wonder if the two are the same...

1 comment:

Ousizch said...

Extremism In The Defense of Liberty, Your blog is very nice. I thought you were also creative, because you could make content that was very great. You were willing to waste time and thoughts to dismiss this idea.

Don't had stopped contributing your sparkling idea in this blog. I was convinced this blog really useful.

May you be successful …….

Ousizch
http://www.ecpassistant.blogspot.com